Compare Wood Stains: Transformation Stain Log & Timber.
What if you could see how your log home stain would perform before you ever applied it?
Now you can! Sashco put Transformation Log & Timber Stain to the test in side-by-side comparisons with a variety of competitive stains.
Here’s how we performed the tests:
- Right side of panel: Sashco’s Transformation Stain Log & Timber
- Left side of panel: a competitive stain
- Top portion is covered, the bottom portion is exposed to the elements
- Panels are faced due south at a 45 ̊ angle for maximum UV exposure
- Panels are exposed for 2 years
- Mile high elevation means 25-30% more UV radiation
What to Look For
Evidence of poor stain performance includes: discoloration, peeling, excessive cracks in the wood, or gray wood. The panels in this study show what many homeowners and contractors alike have known for years: Transformation Stain Log & Timber simply performs better over the years.