Caulk and Chinking Estimator
Read the handy tips below before entering numbers:
- Figure out how much square footage of wood surface area you have to stain. (Sorry – the footprint square footage of your home won’t help you here.)
- Double that number to account for two coats of stain. (If this is for just a maintenance coat, skip this step and be sure click on “Maintenance Coat” below.)
- Keep in mind, these numbers are averages between both coats. That means:
– The first coat will require more than the average.
– The second coat will require less than the average.
– In the end, it will all average out. (See how we did that?)