- WHERE TO USE
- TECH STUFF
- HOW TOs
- crown molding
- sound-proofing interior walls
- fiber cement
- anodized windows
- acrylic sheet
- mortar/stone/cinder block
- In areas of water submersion
- Where frequent or prolonged puddles occur
- In areas of high foot or vehicle traffic (use Slab® instead)
Homes move. Window frames pull away from the siding or doors shift against the brick. They move when the temperature changes, the rain falls, the wind blows or the earth quakes. Most caulks can’t take it – they dry hard and crack. That’s why you need Big Stretch® high performance water-based sealant. Its powerful adhesion and extreme elasticity will stick, twist, bend, compress, and stretch – more than 500% of original size! – to handle most any movement your home can dish out, all without cracking.
Big Stretch® is a 100% acrylic caulk with powerful adhesion and elasticity. It’s perfect for many interior and exterior applications, including:
Adheres to a variety of building materials and other surfaces, including:
Don’t see the surface you’re working with listed? Contact Customer Service.
Do not use:
Note: Big Stretch® Clear looks milky white when first applied but dries clear.
Homes move. Use Big Stretch®. Watch now for where to use Big Stretch®.
“I had some crown molding on a project we did a couple of years ago, develop cracks between the ceiling and crown. The old caulk had to be removed and new caulk and paint applied. I paid for that trim finishing three times. The first time, the second to remove, and the third to fix. Needless to say we went back with Big Stretch…This is a professional product being available to consumers. You won’t be disappointed…This is my high end go to caulk when conditions are extreme and results need to be guaranteed. Five stars easy.” – M Masaki MM, Amazon.com review
The best caulk (for its intended use) that I’ve used in 35 years of residential, commercial construction. It’s the proper consistency for intended use, works well, has great adhesion, and water clean-up.” – Craig Jaynes, Amazon.com review
I started using Big Stretch a few years ago for between the Masonite siding. Regular caulk falls out after a few years and you have to refill the crack and then try to touch up the paint (almost impossible). I tried Big Stretch. It worked so well that I use it everywhere. It has also transformed my sales presentation and dramatically improved the close ratio. I won’t let my crews carry any other caulk on their trucks and repairs are now almost nonexistent. – D. Perran, Paint Co, NC
“As of this writing, I have been using this product now for well over 2 years. I tried to figure out how many tubes I have purchased in that time and I am coming up with about 350. I have yet to have a crack or failure, or a call back for a caulking issue.” – Joe Prin, web review
“Since that fateful day, I’ve not looked back. We’ve used this caulk in almost every situation that calls for latex caulk. This includes all crown molding, baseboard, or other molding surface installs, our siding install, and various other useful applications for the Big Stretch. It has worked flawlessly since we first installed it on our dining room crown molding. The dining room crown was installed in October 2004 and is still crack free almost seven years later.” – Web review
• Keeps the weather where it belongs – outside: Moves when your home moves to create a permanently waterproof and weatherproof seal.
• Helps you avoid repeated repairs: Just say no to brittle, cracked caulking. Stays soft and elastic over time for a years-long, lasting seal.
• Sticks, even to difficult surfaces: Compatible with a wide variety of building materials, including difficult ones like vinyl windows and siding. No need to search for a product specific to every different surface.
• Professional-looking results every time: The smooth formula is easy to apply, even for a novice.
• Paintable: Paint adheres like a pro, so go ahead and paint your wall bright blue. Also available in 12 colors and clear, in case you don’t want to paint it.
• Easy to use: Easy to smooth and clean-up with water. No special chemicals required.
• OK to leave in your unheated garage overnight: Freeze-thaw stable through 10 cycles.